Need a fun Easter treat, but are short on time? These “Peep” ing Bunnies are easy enough for the kids to make, and can be completed, start to finish in about 10 minutes. They will remind you of oven s’mores, but since they are made with butter cookies instead of graham crackers, they are buttery and good. Although the following recipe uses Keebler butter cookies, any kind of plain butter cookie or sugar cookie made with butter can be used. In fact, if you have more time, you can make your favorite homemade sugar cookies, roll the dough into balls, flatten slightly, and bake. Because the Peeps are colorful, these yummy treats look great on an Easter buffet table or placed in small Easter bags and tied with ribbon in Easter colors.
Once cool (so the marshmallow is no longer sticky), they can be served in an Easter basket lined with Easter grass, or on a cute Easter tray.
1 10 oz. package Butter Cookies, such as Keebler, or 20 other plain butter/sugar cookies 2" in diameter
10 fun size milk chocolate bars
10 peeps Marshmallow Bunnies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place 10 of the cookies upside down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place 1/2 of a chocolate bar on each cookie.
- Top with a marshmallow bunny.
- Place the remaining chocolate bar halves on the bunnies and top with the remaining cookies.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until the bunnies are slightly puffed and the chocolate is beginning to melt.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 102
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 4% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%