Guest Author - Brandii Lacey
Holiday pies are simply delightful! I have fond memories of preparing these delicious pies with my family during the holidays.
The following recipes take advantage of pre-made pie crusts and baking mixes in order to save time during the holiday baking rush.
Pecan Pie Recipe
1 premade pie crust
1 ¾ cup of chopped pecans
1 cup of light corn syrup
3 eggs or egg substitute
1 ½ teaspoon of Vanilla
½ cup of sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup in a large bowl. Mix
3. Stir in chopped pecans.
4. Pour mixture into pre made pie crust.
5. Bake for thirty five to forty minutes.
Sweet Apple Pie Recipe
5 cups of sliced apples(leaving the peel on is fine)
1 cup of maple syrup
¾ cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick), melted
1 tablespoon of water
1 pack of refrigerated pie crust (for this recipe, youll need two pie crusts, which are often found in one box of pre-made pie crusts).
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash apples thoroughly, and cut into slices.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and
flour. Mix well.
4. Spray a pie dish with non stick cooking spray.
5. Place on sheet of pie crust into the pie dish.
6. Pour apple mixture into pie dish and spread evenly.
7. Cut the second sheet of pie crust into strips.
8. Place strips in a cross cross or lattice shape across apple mixture.
9. Combine the egg and water, and brush over the strips of pie crust.
10. Bake for thirty five to forty five minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
Peppermint Brownie Pie Recipe
1 box of brownie mix
1 bag of peppermints
1 container of vanilla frosting
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Divide the bag of peppermints in half and unwrap each peppermint. Set aside one half of peppermints.
3. Place the other half of peppermints in a sealed plastic bag and crush. You can use a rolling pin, or simple give to your children to crush.
4. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and add the non crushed peppermints.
5. Spray a pie dish with a non stick cooking spray.
6. Pour brownie and peppermint mixture into pie dish.
7. Bake for thirty minutes, or until cooked through.
8. After the brownie pie is finished baking, let cool.
9. Once cool, spread the vanilla icing over the top of the pie.
10. Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermints over the top of the pie.
All of these pies can be enjoyed with scoops of vanilla ice cream on the side!