Guest Author - Brandii Lacey
These recipes are designed to be simple, tasty, and kid friendly! They are great for the holidays, or any other time of year!
Cheesy Bread Bowl Recipe
1 round loaf of bread
6 slices of turkey bacon
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces of reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
2 cups of reduced fat or fat free sour cream
¾ cup of chopped green onions
2 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut a rectangle or square shape from the top of the bread loaf.
3. Carefully remove the inside of the bread loaf and set aside.
4. Cook the turkey bacon and slice into small bits.
5. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and cooked bacon, and mix well.
6. Pour mixture into the bread shell.
7. Place the bread bowl on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish.
8. Bake covered for thirty to forty five minutes.
9. Divide the bread that was removed from the loaf into bite size pieces. Place bread pieces on a cookie sheet. Toast alongside the bread bowl for the last ten to fifteen minutes of cooking.
10. Once the bread bowl is heated through, dip the freshly toasted bread pieces into the cheese bowl, along with crackers and fresh vegetables.
Cucumber and Tomato Sticks
2 boxes of cherry tomatoes
1. Rinse the cucumbers and slice.
2. Place one sliced cucumber on the wooden skewer, followed by one cherry tomato.
3. Repeat until skewer is filled with cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes.
4. Serve with low fat dressings, such as Italian or Ranch.
Festive Fruit Sticks
1. Rinse fruit well.
2. Peel and slice the oranges.
3. Place one grape on the skewer, followed by a raspberry and then an orange slice.
4. Repeat until the skewer is full of the fruit.
5. Serve with a non fat vanilla yogurt on the side.