Quick Change the Date and Time of an Outlook Calendar Item.
Hover your mouse pointer above blue border until you see a four headed arrow; click and hold your mouse key down and drag it to a new date on the date navigator. It will move to new date at the original time set for the appointment. The Outlook view will automatically change to the new date. If the appointment time has changed, you can drag the item to the new time.
Quick Copy Calendar Items to Another Date
You can also drag a copy of a calendar item by holding down your CTRL key down while dragging. When you drop it make sure you let up on your mouse key before releasing the CTRL key, otherwise Outlook will move the item instead of copying it. The Outlook view will automatically change to the new date. If you have multiple dates on which you want to place the appointment, you can keep picking up the item and copying it until you have it on all of the dates you need. This is a great technique when you have a recurring appoint that has a random pattern.
Changing the Color of Your Calendar (Available in XP)
To change the background color of your calendar
- While in the calendar view select Tools | Options from the menu
- Click on the Calendar Options Button on the preferences tab of the Options dialog box
- Select your choice of background color from the Background color drop down found in the center panel of the dialog box.
- Click on OK to save your choice and close the Calendar Options dialog Box
- Click on OK to close the Options dialog box.
Similar to an eMail distribution list, you can establish a group schedule. The group schedule can include resources such as a conference room or equipment when these resources have been pre-established by your system administration. The group schedule allows you to view the availability of the combined resources. To establish a group schedule:
- Select View Group Schedules from the Action menu.
- Click on New and type in a name for the group then click on OK. The Group Scheduler will be displayed.
- Click on the Add Others/Add from Address Book to select group members from the address book.
- Click on OK when you have completed your member selection. The group scheduler will display the free and busy times for all group members.
- Click on Save and Close to save the Group.
- Use the make a meeting button to send meeting invitations to the group.
- You can open any previously save group from the Group Schedule command to view up to date schedules.
Changing Default Reminder Alarm
By default all Outlook calendar items are set for a reminder alarm 15 prior to the time of the appointment. You can change the default time to a different time increment or surpress the reminder alarm altogether. To surpress the reminder alarm.
- In the Calendar view, select Tool | Options from the menu
- Deselect the Reminder option on the Preferences Tab under Calendar Options
To change the reminder time increment, click on the time drop down and select the time increment that best suits your purposes.