Quotations about Leadership
- "Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them."
- "Leadership is not a right--it is a responsibility."
- "The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails."
- "The very essence of leadership is its purpose. And the purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does--and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works."
-- Colonel Dandridge M. Malone
- "The ultimate leader is one who is willing to develop people to the point that they eventually surpass him or her in knowledge and ability."
--Fred A. Manske, Jr.
- "The most important quality in a leader is that of being acknowledged as such. "
-- Andre Maurois
- "The real leader has no need to lead-- he is content to point the way."
-- Henry Miller
- "I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers."
-- Ralph Nader
- "It is the responsibility of leadership to provide opportunity, and the responsibility of individuals to contribute."
- "Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow."
- "Where there is no vision, the people perish."
-- Proverbs 29:18
- "People underestimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing. A leader's job is to help people have vision of their potential."
- "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
-- George Patton
- "A women's organization was the catalyst to trigger a flip-flop in my mind that I wasn't a follower, I was a leader. And in spite of my first reaction, that of fear, and a feeling I couldn't' do it, I took the risk. Don't listen to other people's negativity: they filter through their own experiences. Learn to trust your own feelings."
- "The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it."
- "The leader must know, most know that he knows, and must be able to make it abundantly clear to those about him that he knows."
--Clarence B. Randall
- "The person who know "how" will always have job. The person who knows "why" will always be his boss."
- "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. . . . The leader works in the open, and the boss in covert. The leader leads, and the boss drives."
-- Theodore Roosevelt
- "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- "Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."
--Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf
- "A true leader is hated by most, and respected by all. A follower is liked by all, and respected by none."
- "Understanding human needs is half the job of meeting them. "
-- Adlai Stevenson
- "Why is the sea king of a hundred streams? Because it lies below them. Therefore it is the king of hundred streams."
-- tao te ching
- "Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word."
- "A leader is best When people barely know he exists, When his work is done, his aim fulfilled, They will say: We did it ourselves."
- "When you get right down to it, one of the most important tasks of a leader is to eliminate his people's excuse for failure."
- "You know what makes leadership? It is the ability to get men to do what they don't want to do and like it."
--Harry S. Truman
- "Leadership is not the private reserve of a few charismatic men and women. It is a process ordinary people use when they are bringing forth the best from themselves and others."
- "Remember that it is far better to follow well than to lead indifferently. "
-- John G. Vance
- "Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself."
--Thomas J. Watson
- "Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish."
- "All serious daring starts from within."
-- Eudora Welty
- "In organizations, real power and energy is generated through relationships. The patterns of relationships and the capacities to form them are more important than tasks, functions, roles, and positions. "
-- Margaret Wheatly
Motivational - Leadership
Free Diagnostic Tools Download Now!
Repair Your PC Problems Instantly
Looking for discounts, steals and deals? eOutletCenter
You Should Also Read:
Famous Leadership Quotations
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.