Penne alla Vodka Recipe
This creamy tomato sauce will send a tingle down to your toes.
This is one of my favorite tomato sauces. Don't skimp on the quality of the vodka you use. You will taste the difference.
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14 oz can plum tomatoes
- 1 Tbs heavy cream
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 Tbs butter
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion, oil and a sprinkling of salt. Cook the onion until soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, and remove from heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Add vodka, a few grinds of pepper, and buttter to the skillet. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the pasta and toss.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Try this spicy pasta recipe that features luxurious seafood: Lobster Fra Diavolo
Bella Italian Food Recommends
City Secrets: Rome, by Robert Kahn
Organized by area, this insider's guide reveals the art, architecture and antiquities of Rome through the eyes of those who know them best. A renowned painter shows the way to an overlooked masterpiece; an archaeologist walks the reader through an intriguing ancient ruin; a Renaissance scholar tells which of Michelangelo's works he finds the most moving of all; a poet laureate imparts the address of a gourmet cheese shop wiht its own pizzeria; and an acclaimed director sets the stage for an ideal Roman afternoon.
You Should Also Read:
Zuppa di Pomodoro — Tomato Soup Recipe
Lobster Fra Diavolo Recipe
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.