A luxurious and spicy pasta dish featuring the king of seafood!
- 3 pounds lobster, raw (you may use only lobster tails)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 basil leaves, slivered (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbs oregano (1 tsp dried oregano)
- 28 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound linguine
- Split the lobsters length wise down the middle. Remove the head sacks and intestinal veins and discard.
- In a large sauce pan heat the butter in olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion until golden.
- Add the lobster, meat side down and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Turn the lobsters, add the parsley and garlic, and stir well. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lobster and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Over the sauce pan, crush the tomatoes with your hands and add to the sauce pan. Add the juice from the can and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients except seafood, and mix well. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the lobster back to the sauce pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cook linguine to al dente. (See How to Cook Pasta.)
- Toss the pasta with part of the sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and seafood.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated cheese on the side.
Note: You may substitute shrimp for lobster.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Schwan's Slipper Lobster Meat
No good seafood markets in your area? Try this great alternative. Direct from the waters of the western Pacific ocean. Delicate chunks of creamy white, real lobster meat. With a flavor that's slightly sweeter than other types of lobster. Enjoy it as an entrée or in your favorite seafood recipes.