This recipe is just the thing to take the chill away. It features flavors of oranges and spices.
Traditionally this drink is made with claret, but any dry red wine will suffice.
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bottle red wine, dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Dot the orange with cloves. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350F until the orange's skin turns brown.
- Remove and let cool before handling.
- Cut the orange into eight pieces and place them in a saucepan.
- Add to the pan cinnamon, water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Allow the water to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the red wine and heat through, but do not bring to a boil.
Bella Wine Recommends