A tasty and healthy pizza that features wonderful vegetables!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 small Vidalia onion, cut into slices
- 1¾ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ batch pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Use 1 tsp of olive oil to coat cooking stone or pizza pan.
- Spread out pizza dough and bake at 425F for 7 minutes.
- Combine 1 tsp olive oil, thyme, salt, garlic, squash, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in a baking dish, and mix well.
- Bake at 500F for 7 minutes. Stir the vegetables and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the pizza crust.
- Spread the vegetables over the cheese.
- Top the vegetables with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
Note: You can use, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers for this pizza recipe. If you use purple they will turn a grayish color when cooked. I have not tried white bell peppers and like to know if you have success with them.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Pizza Stone and Peel Set 14x16
You will not believe the difference a baking stone will make to your pizzas! This set includes a hefty, 10-pound stone that retains heat better, maintains an even cooking temperature and absorbs moisture so your pizza crusts are always crispy. The peel lets you slide your pizza onto and off of the stone with greater ease. A baking stone is one of the best kitchen investments you can make!