Zucchini Pie Recipe
Okay, this recipe cuts corners with ingredients, but it's perfect for a quick meatless meal.
Sometimes you need to prepare tasty dish and you don't really have time to pull out 50 ingredients, roll out crusts, or plan a large meal. This recipe is perfect for quick dinners, pot-lucks, and when paired with a salad makes a complete meal. It's tasty enough to entice non-veggie eaters.
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tsp marjoram (1/3 tsp dried marjoram)
- 1 tsp basil (1/3 tsp dried basil)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium high heat in a medium size skillet.
- Cook the onion until it just turns gold.
- In a bowl combine the zucchini, onion, eggs, baking mix, olive oil, cheese, marjoram, basil, and pepper.
- Coat a 10x6" pan or a 12" pie pan with oil.
- Spread the zucchini mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Nordic Ware Quiche Tart Pan
This is a sturdy pan with a removable bottom. This allows you to present your zucchini pie, and other torta, with the fluted sides for all to admire. Made of aluminized steel for rust and warp resistance, it's a sturdy pan with a long life expectancy.vegetarian lent lenten meals
You Should Also Read:
Vegetarian Recipes II
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.