Olive Spread Recipe
This spread is terrific for bread or celery! It's a tasty, but easy appetizer.
- 8 ounces chevre cheese, room temperature (if the taste is too sharp, you may substitute cream cheese)
- 1 1/2 cup green olives with pimento, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive liquid
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine the cheese, the liquid from olives, red pepper flakes, and black pepper; mix well.
- Fold in the almonds and olives.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
Note: This cheese spread will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Antique Olive Four Section Appetizer Tray
This tray is great for parties or casual get togethers. Place black olives in one section, a portion of olive spread in another, olive oil in another, and carrot sticks in the fourth. Set out with a basket of bread or crackers and you can sit back and relax.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will want to subscribe to the Italian Food Newsletter
Each week the newsletter arrives in your email inbox. Featured will be tips for Italian cooking, travel, and information on Italian culture. BellaOnline.com never sells your email to third parties. The subscription box is on the right side of this page.
You Should Also Read:
Black Olive Garlic Bread
Pasta Nicoise Sauce
Tapénade - Black Olive Paste Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.