Almost everyone likes salmon, and itís quite versatile. Since itís a good idea to serve fish often for health reasons, itís nice to have several good recipes to showcase it. Salmon cooks quickly, and can be grilled, baked, stir-fried, poached, and deep-fried. It can be served sauced, plain, cold on salads and appetizer trays, or hot. Sticky Baked Salmon is a family favorite, and itís so quick and easy to put together, itís become a go-to dish on weeknights when time is at a minimum. This recipe was adapted from a recipe published in a popular Irish food magazine, and has been requested by friends and family who have sampled it.
The finished dish is sweet, savory, and slightly hot; it is fancy enough to be served to company, but easy enough to serve family on a weeknight. If salmon isnít available, other types of fish, such as snapper, cod, tilapia, or halibut may be substituted.
2 pounds salmon fillet, about 1" thick
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
6 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
fresh chives, or green onion tops, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400į.
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish.
- Rub the cornstarch over the top; sprinkle with the brown sugar and spread with your hands so it's evenly distributed.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together and pour over the salmon.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes; baste with the sauce.
- Bake an additional 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon, until the fish just flakes.
- Transfer the fillet to a serving platter; cut into six serving pieces and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with the chives and serve each with a wedge of lime.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 153
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 34% Carb. 25%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 99 mg
Sodium 530 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 7%