Christmas Hazelnut Thumbprints Recipe
Christmas Hazelnut Thumbprints can be made several weeks ahead and stored in the freezer. Fill them on the day you plan to serve them or add them to cookie trays.
1 1/3 cups butter
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
1/3 cup Cranberry Curd
1/3 cup Lime Curd
- Cream the butter and sugar until light; add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix on low speed until all is incorporated.
- If the dough is soft, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until it is stiff enough to roll into balls.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll them into balls, roll them in the egg whites, and coat with nuts.
- Place them on parchment-lined baking sheets, press your thumb in the center of each, and bake 10-12 minutes, or until set, but not browned on top (bottoms will be lightly browned).
- Transfer to cooling racks.
- When cool, store in an airtight container until time to serve.
- Just before serving, fill with the cranberry curd and lime curd.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 86 Calories from Fat 52
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 60% Protein 6% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 37 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.