What says spring more than ham, asparagus, and lemon? In this Easy Easter Brunch Bake, these ingredients are combined with frozen potatoes O’Brien, and the results are a yummy, puffy casserole that is perfect to serve at Easter brunch or other spring occasion. Pair it with your favorite breakfast breads and maybe some fruit for a full meal.
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pound lean ham, diced
4 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien (hash browns with peppers and onions), thawed
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 cups cheddar jack cheese
1 pound fresh asparagus, snapped, tough ends discarded, and cut into 1" lengths
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13 x 9" glass casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet; add the onions and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the ham and let cook until the pieces begin to brown.
- Stir in the hash browns and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Crack the eggs into a blender container or bowl; add the cottage cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Process until well-blended (or whisk if not using a blender).
- Pour over the potato mixture, stir in the cheese and asparagus pieces, and smooth out evenly.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until puffed and brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the casserole sit 10-15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve. This casserole is great served hot, but also very good served at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 202
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 27% Carb. 17%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 262 mg
Sodium 924 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 24 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 42% Calcium 0% Iron 10%