|Bright Light and Loud Booms...|
Please do not take your dogs with you to watch fireworks displays. Keep them safely at home instead. The bright lights and the loud noise can be very frightening to dogs. Dogs have more sensitive hearing than we do, and the loud noise may actually hurt their ears. Even dogs that are not normally afraid of loud noises, may become very upset by fireworks.
If there are fireworks in your neighborhood, keep your dog safely indoors. Just a small display in someone's back yard can easily frighten a dog.
Even a very well trained and loyal dog might run away in fear when he or she is suddenly frightened. A normally very friendly and gentle dog, when running away from a loud noise, may act out in self-defense if approached by a well-meaning stranger.
The danger doesn't stop with the noise... Fireworks components, whether exploded or unexploded, are toxic. Fireworks debris that's eaten can cause stomach distress and internal damage that can be fatal.
Before bringing your dog outside after a nearby fireworks display, large or small, check the area for hot embers or fireworks that may have been lit but did not ignite.
Sparklers - fireworks in little hands...
To prevent painful burns on paws, noses, and eyes, be sure to keep dogs away from children with sparklers. Keep your dogs safely inside while children are using sparklers outside.
The danger doesn't stop with the noise...
Fireworks components, whether exploded or unexploded, are toxic. Fireworks debris that's eaten can cause stomach distress and internal damage that can be fatal.