Even on a hot summer day people love pasta. But, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen cooking traditional sauces? Try an alternative with this no cook pasta sauce recipe.
Spicy Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs parsley, minced
- 1/8 cup crumbled bacon
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Combine olive oil, wine, and crushed tomatoes in medium bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the green onion, garlic, parsley, salt, and a few grindings of pepper.
- Let the sauce rest for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Bring the sauce out of the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Combine the cooked pasta, the sauce, and the bacon in a serving bowl and toss well. Serve immediately with cheese on the side.
Note: This sauce makes a great party dish. You can make the sauce the day ahead and pull it out shortly before you need it. You can add additional items to this sauce as your garden or refrigerator allows. Add cooked eggs, chicken, or shrimp. When adding extras you may need to increase the amounts of olive oil and wine. For a vegetarian pasta sauce leave out the bacon. This sauce is a great use for left over red wine.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
Don't let the can fool you, these tomatoes are wonderful. The tomatoes begin tastier because they are organically grown. No plastic taste! Then the tomatoes are fire roasted. This adds an wonderfully earthy, smoky taste to your dishes without you having to do the work. No pantry should be without them.