Simple flavors marry to create a classic dish in pasta with garlic and olive oil.
This dish is quick and easy to make, but wonderfully satisfying. be careful that you don't over cook the garlic.
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly grated cheese
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Put the olive oil and the garlic in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- When the garlic begins to change color add the parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt
- Stir well and remove from heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, return the skillet to a low heat.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Toss until the pasta is well coated with sauce.
- Serve at once with freshly grated cheese.
Note: The classic pasta is spaghettini, but you may also use spaghetti or angel hair pasta.