This no cook pasta sauce uses fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and green olives.
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 fresh oregano sprigs, crumbled
- 3 Tbs parsley, minced
- 3 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in a large serving bowl. Add the smoked mozzarella cheese, toss well, and serve.
History of Mozzarella Cheese
I can rarely keep Mozzarella cheese in my home. My sons eat it before I have a chance to make anything with it. They are especially fond of fresh Mozzarella. Legend has it that Mozzarella was born when cheese curds dropped into a bucket of water. Another tradition claims that in Egypt during the height of the affair between Cleopatra and Marc Antony they enjoyed cheese made from the water buffalo. As a gift to the new Caesar Augustus water buffalo were sent to Rome with instructions on how to create Mozzarella. Whatever the truth is, the fresh Mozzarella made from water buffalo milk is unique and delicious.
Don't miss other No Cook Pasta Sauces.