Headers and Footers - Excel
Excel provides a drop down selections of common header and footer types. To use them, simply click on the drop down arrow and make your selection and then close the dialog box. If these options do not suit your needs, you can use the Custom Header and Custom Footer buttons to custom design your header and footer.
You can access the Header and Footer dialog box in three ways:
• While in Print Preview click on the Header/Footer tab of the Page SetUp dialog box
• While in your active worksheet select File|Page SetUp; then click on the Header/Footer Tab
• While in your active worksheet select View|Header/Footer
Whether you choose custom header or custom footer the methodology for building your header or footer is the same. The dialog box will display three sections for your customized information: Left, Center, Right. Your custom information will be displayed on ever page of your document based on the position you choose. The dialog box displays a toolbar to assist you. The 10 tools available are described as follows:
1. Font – you can apply normal formatting choices to your header or footer by using this tool. Select the text in section you want to affect, press the Font tool and make your format choices for Font type, size, and effects.
2. Page # - this tool automatically numbers the pages of your printed documents
3. Number of Pages – use this in conjunction with the Page # tool. For example Click on Page #, type a space and the word of, then click on the Number of Pages tool.
4. Date – inserts the current date in your document
5. Time – inserts the current time in your document
6. Path and File – inserts the windows file path and the document name. This is a great tool for being able to locate your document at a later date from the hard copy print out.
7. File – inserts the document name only
8. Tab – inserts the worksheet tab name
9. Insert Picture – Allows you to insert a logo or graphic into your header or footer
10. Fill – allows you to select a fill color
Select any combination of tools and typed text to design your custom header or footer. Once you have designed your custom header and footer, click on OK to close the Header/Footer dialog box then click on OK to close the Page SetUp dialog box.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Print Preview - Excel
Page Options - Excel
Page SetUp Dialog Box - Excel
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Chris Curtis. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Chris Curtis. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.