Amaretto Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
This is a mouth-watering dessert that will impress family and guests alike. Chocolate lovers will be forever in your debt. This cake is a spectacular treat for holidays or any day.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 packages lady fingers
- 1/2 stick butter
- Separate the eggs, setting the yolks aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, over low heat.
- Stir the amaretto into the melted chocolate. Turn off the heat, but let the chocolate-amaretto mixture remain over the hot water.
- Beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, mix together the gelatin and water.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, and milk to the gelatin.
- Continue to cook this mixture until it thickens slightly and can coat a spoon. (Simply text by dipping in a spoon and letting the mixture run off. Does a thin coating remaining on the spoon?)
- Stir the chocolate-amaretto mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Remove from the heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Whip the cream into peaks, don't over whip.
- Gently fold the gelatin-chocolate-amaretto mixture into the egg whites.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Melt the butter.
- Place 12 lady finger cookies in a plastic, resealable bag.
- Crush the cookies with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Mix the cookies with the melted butter.
- Split the remaining lady fingers lengthwise.
- Line a 9" spring form pan with the split lady fingers (this will be your side crust). Be certain to place the "nice" side of the cookie against the side of the pan.
- Pat the crushed cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the chocolate-amaretto mixture into the pan.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle with slivered almonds over the top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Remove the sides of the spring form pan.
You Should Also Read:
Zabaglione with Amaretti
Oranges in Marsala Sauce
Chocolate Italian Pastry Cream - Crema Pasticcera Cioccolato
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.