This recipe is a fantastic appetizer, cold lunch dish, or a snack when your feeling peckish.
- 3 quarts + 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 pound small white mushrooms
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 7 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat in a large pot.
- Drop in the cubed eggplant, reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the eggplant and allow to cool.
- In a skillet combine the 1/2 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and eggplant and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring to coat all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tomato Seed Packet
Buy this Pre-Matted Print at AllPosters.com