Marinated Mushrooms and Eggplant Recipe
This recipe is a fantastic appetizer, cold lunch dish, or a snack when your feeling peckish.
- 3 quarts + 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 pound small white mushrooms
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 7 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat in a large pot.
- Drop in the cubed eggplant, reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the eggplant and allow to cool.
- In a skillet combine the 1/2 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and eggplant and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring to coat all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tomato Seed Packet
Buy this Pre-Matted Print at AllPosters.com
You Should Also Read:
Mushrooms in Tomato Sauce Recipe
Mushrooms stuffed with Prosciutto and Figs
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.