Pasta Frittata Recipe
Instructions and Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3/4 pound/350 grams of spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons/40 grams of butter, melted
- 3 ounces/40 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil or parsley
- In a large pot, bring enough water to boil, add 1 full tablespoon of salt and stir; add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain well, mix with the melted butter and half of the Parmesan cheese. Let cool off for a few minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent the spaghetti to stick together.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a little pinch of salt and pepper, the rest of the Parmesan cheese and the chopped herbs. When the spaghetti are at room temperature, add to the egg mix and stir gently to coat the pasta evenly.
- In a large no-stick pan, heat up 2 of the 3 tablespoons of oil, add the spaghetti and egg mixture and spread evenly in the pan. Bring the heat to low, so that frittata can brown slowly, giving time to the egg to cook through. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the frittata is golden brown at the bottom and can be shaken around in the pan without sticking.
- At this point, you may transfer the pan to the broiler for a few minutes (make sure the handle can take the heat) in order to brown the top of the frittata, or do what the Italians do and turn it upside down, by doing as follow:
- Place a flat large dish (or another pan, same size or larger) over the pan and turn the dish and pan over at the same time; the frittata is now upside down in the dish. Add the remaining oil to the pan and slide the frittata back into it.
- Brown the other side of the frittata, then remove it from the heat and let cool a bit before serving. It will be even tastier when just warm.
Simple Delicious Italian Recipe is the perfect cookbook for any Italian food lover.
Buy and download your copy today from the BellaOnline eBook page.
You Should Also Read:
Eggs and Cheese
Easy Frittata Recipe
Torta Pasqualina - Italian Savory Easter Pie
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Cinzia Aversa. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cinzia Aversa. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.