Stuffed Calamari Recipe
This recipe uses the body of the squid to make a delightful dish.
- 6 medium size squid
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano, crumbled
- 1 Tbs parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups simple or marinara tomato sauce
- In necessary cut off the tentacles from the squid and set aside.
- Clean out the the inside of the squid. You can gently turn the squid body inside out to fully clean.
- Trim off the wings of the squid and set aside with the tentacles.
- Remove the spotted membrane that covers the squid.
- In a bowl mix the bread crumbs, garlic, 2 Tbs olive oil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Gently stuff the squid with the bread crumbs, don't over fill. Keep any left over bread crumbs.
- In a medium skillet pour the tomato sauce plus 1 Tbs olive oil and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Gently place the stuffed squid in the sauce and spoon sauce over the squid. Lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook the squid for 4 minutes on each side. Don't stir the squid too much!
- Turn the heat to low and gently stir in any remaining breadcrumbs.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the Pecarino-Romano cheese.
- Serve with linguine cooked al dente.
You Should Also Read:
Calamari Fritto - Fried Calamari Recipe
Baccalà Fritte -- Fried Cod Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.