The Master Study Bible
The Bible begins with a place to record a four generation family tree for both the husband's and wife's genealogy. It then has an introduction that tells a reader how to use the study Bible. Most unique, in my opinion, was the extensive topical concordance that was located in the front before any of the actual books of the Bible. The books of the Bible, themselves, are preceded with brief, informational introductions. A nice feature of each books' introduction is the "Life Questions and God's Answers" section. The Bible is formatted into three columns with the center column providing scriptural cross references; that is, references to other books of the Bible in which the verse is quoted or which state the same. While slightly harder for my eyes to look at at first, I quickly adapted. For ease of finding the individual books and differentiating between the two Testaments, the New Testament books are tabbed in red. Throughout, there are three books listed per tab. Additionally, this is a red letter Bible meaning the words attributed to our Lord and Saviour are in red print.
Following the books of the Bible is a very extensive section, "The Encyclopedia of Bible Knowledge". This section provides information on the:
- Brief Life of Christ
- John the Baptist's ministy
- The Galilean, later Judean, later Perean, and last Public Ministries of Christ
- In the Shadows with Jesus (lessons from parables, etc)
- Arrest, trial, crucifixion and burial
- Resurrection, appearances, and ascension
- Study helps about the past, future, present work of Christ
- Titles of Jesus and where they are found in the Bible
- Teachings of Jesus, a to z, with biblical references
- Jesus' teachings on the 10 Commandments complete with related references in Old and New Testament passages
- Messianic Prophecies
- A harmony of the Gospels which gives a side-by-side comparison of the teachings of Jesus
- Miracles and Parables of Jesus which also give a side-by-side comparison of where they can be found in the Bible
- Discourses of Jessus complete with information about where He delivered it, the style, audience, and biblical references
- Predictions made by Jesus and biblical references in the Gospels of their fulfillment
- Prophecies of Jesus' 2nd coming
- Daily Bread--a calendar for reading the Bible in a year--written by the late Rev. RM M'Cheyene
Truly meant for the person wants to put the time into an in-depth study of the Bible, The Master Study Bible is a comprehensive teaching Bible.
FCC Disclosure: This Bible was reviewed for free in the store. Compensation for writing the review was not offered.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Lyn Sedmina. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lyn Sedmina. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lyn Sedmina for details.