The interlocking, circular curls of this wedding style signify lives joined together for eternity. Using your own design and creativity, this sleek and youthful updo is simple to create with the help of your hairdresser or a talented friend. It will stay secure throughout the entire wedding and reception. (It makes a great prom style too!)
This style is created from one ponytail although, if your hair is shorter, you may use two ponytails - one directly below the other.
Note: If your hair is not as thick as our model's, tease the hair at the base of the ponytail to give it more body and spray it with hairspray. As you divide off strands of hair, smooth each to cover the teasing.
- Pull all of your hair up into a ponytail and secure it with a covered rubber band.You may leave out bangs or fringe. In this picture, the front is softened by a small section of hair swept sleekly to the sides.
- Divide off a medium strand of hair at the top of the rubber band and pin it flat to the head.The size of the strand will depend on how thick the hair is. The bobby pin is placed close to the rubber band to stabalize the pony tail. Lay that strand aside for use in the future.
- Select a second strand toward the side of the rubber band and close to the first. Smooth it with a comb and form a circular curl close to the band. Pin the ends, being careful that the bobby pin is not obvious although pins may be covered with the future curls.
- Allowing some hair remaining in the middle, the next strand is taken from the opposite side of the band, formed into a curl and pinned close to the band. Note: it is not perfectly aligned with the first curl.
- After the third or fourth curl, take the original strand, form it into a circular curl and pin the ends inside another curl using it to cover pins and camouflage the base of the curls or any uncovered teasing.
- Continue forming curls randomly and weaving them so that they link. Some of the ends will be pinned inside some of the other curls or under other curls. Some of the curls will be taken from the center of the rubber band and used to build fullness.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!