Are you looking for an easy, healthy, and tasty antipasto? Here is a great dish made with goat cheese.
The rich, creamy flavor of chèvre (goat's milk cheese) is wonderful. Here in Alabama there are marvelous cheeses made locally and transported around the country.
As usual, easy is my favorite word in cooking. These can be created ahead of time, and makes a great party dish. Serve with toasted bread, crackers, on crisp lettuce leaves, or as part of an antipasto plate.
- 8 ounces chèvre
- 4 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 4 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbs slivered almonds
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Note: You can put the cheese in an attractive dish, or make it into a log and wrap in lightly oiled waxed paper. Chill thoroughly and then slice into cheese coins. Remember celery sticks with cream cheese? Spread the chèvre mixture into celery sticks for a fantastic updated version of this party staple. It makes a great low carb appetizer.