Roasted Eggplant Soup Recipe
Hmmmm, this healthy soup is a great way to prepare for swimsuit season without feeling like you're on a diet.
This soup is based upon the healthy Mediterranean style diet that has been proven to be a healthy option for dieters and those interested in heart health.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 quart brodo di carne (or chicken broth)
- 2 potatoes, diced small
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Cut the eggplants in half horizontally. Place the halves on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 350F (they should be very soft when done). Remove and allow cool enough to handle with your hands.
- In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots, garlic, and leek until soft.
- Scoop out the meat of the eggplants and add to the pot.
- Add the brodo di carne and potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 10 minutes (until the potatoes are soft).
- Remove from heat and process in a food processor or blender.
- Strain and return to the soup pot.
- Add the evaporated milk, salt, white pepper, red pepper flakes, and coriander and heat through without boiling.
Note: Serve with bread and a salad. You may opt to garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
You Should Also Read:
Eggplant Stuffed with Rice and Cheese
Marinated Mushrooms and Eggplant Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.