Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle Hollister
- "There is no respect for others without humility in one's self."
-- Henri Frederic Amiel
- "If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die."
- "Be respectful to others as you grow... If we lack respect for one group, then there is a tendency for that attitude to spread. It becomes infectious and no one becomes safe from the ravages of prejudice."
-- Walter Annenberg, Kids' Little Instruction Book, 1996
- "Not respecting yourself, is the same as committing suicide at a slow rate."
- "Self-respect can be a extension of your ego or a priceless virtue."
- "What Women Want: To be loved, to be listened to, to be desired, to be respected, to be needed, to be trusted, and sometimes, just to be held. What Men Want: Tickets for the world series."
-- Dave Barry
- "We are here to help one another along life's journey."
-- William J. Bennett
- "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it. No destructive lies. No ridiculous fears. No debilitating anger."
-- Bill Bradley
- "Since when was genius found respectable?"
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "Respect for ones parents is the highest duty of civil life."
-- Chinese Proverb
- "Self-respect permeates every aspect of your life."
-- Joe Clark
- "Respect commands itself and it can neither be given nor withheld when it is due."
-- Eldridge Cleaver
- "I have never been hurt by anything I didn't say."
-- Calvin Coolidge
- "If human civilization is going to invade the waters of the earth, then let it be first of all to carry a message of respect."
-- Jacques Cousteau
- "In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob."
-- Salvador Dali
- "There exist only three beings worthy of respect he priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create."
-- Charles de Baudelaire
- "My peers accept me and respect me, and that's enough."
-- Neil Diamond
- "If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you."
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky
- "Respecting yourself means listening to your body and emotions continuously. Then acting beyond a linear logic to achieve ones goals."
-- Lord Dragnys
- "You're better than no one and no one is better than you."
-- Bob Dylan
- "Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power."
-- Clint Eastwood
- "Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."
- "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
- "There is no happiness for people at the expense of other people."
-- Anwar El-Sadat
- "Respect the child. Be not too much his parent. Trespass not on his solitude."
- "Men are respectable only as they respect."
- "Love and respect are the most important aspects of parenting, and of all relationships."
-- Jodie Foster
- "They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
- "We never respect those who amuse us, however we may smile at their comic powers."
-- Marguerite Gardiner
- "If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are."
-- John W. Gardner
- "Be beautiful if you can, Wise if you want to... But be respected-that is essential."
-- Anna Gould
- "Respect yourself if you would have others respect you."
-- Baltasar Gracian
- "Probably no greater honor can come to any man than the respect of his colleagues."
-- Cary Grant
- "When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom."
-- John Gray
|Allegory of Love, III 'Respect'|
- "In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned."
-- Jane Haddam
- "Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue."
-- John Herschel
- "One of the surprising things in this world is the respect a worthless man has for himself."
-- Ed Howe
- "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."
-- Jesse Jackson
- "We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it."
-- Thomas Jefferson
- "Courage is a quality so necessary for maintaining virtue that it is always respected."
-- Samuel Johnson
- "Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye."
- " I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them."
-- Herbert Henry Lehman
- "If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that ... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."
- "Some people have so much respect for their superiors they have none left for themselves."
-- Peter McArthur
- "The most important phase of living with a person: the respect for that person as an individual."
-- Millicent Carey McIntosh
- "It is not sufficient to be worthy of respect in order to be respected."
-- Alfred Nobel
- "There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age--I missed it coming and going."
-- J. B. Priestly
- "If one doesn't respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others."
-- Ayn Rand
- "I had to fight hard against loneliness, abuse, and the knowledge that any mistakes I made would be magnified because I was the only black man out there... I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect."
-- Jackie Robinson
- "As we grow as unique persons we learn to respect the uniqueness of others."
-- Robert H. Schuller
- "Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant."
-- J. Petit-Senn
- "Respect children because they're human beings and they deserve respect, and they'll grow up to be better people."
-- Benjamin Spock
- "Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners."
-- Laurence Sterne
- "When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
- "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
-- Mother Teresa
- "Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves."
-- U. Thant
- "We live thick and are in each other's way, and stumble over one another, and I think we thus lose some respect for one another."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect, and that will be one step towards obtaining it."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough."
-- Robert Towne
- "We must build a new world, a far better world - one in which the eternal dignity of man is respected."
-- Harry S. Truman
- "Familiarity breeds contempt. How accurate that is. The reason we hold truth in such respect is because we have so little opportunity to get familiar with it."
- "Respect a man, and he will do all the more."
-- John Wooden
- "Respect the masterpiece. It is true reverence to man. There is no quality so great, none so much needed now."
-- Frank Lloyd Wright
|A man pays respects at the Vietnam Ve...|
and hear exclusive interviews from the greatest names in personal development. Leap onto the fast track to success with dynamic, exciting audio motivation messages with .
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact