This is a great summer pasta dish! The sauce is easy and no cook, which makes for a happy chef.
Pasta With Brie Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound brie, with the rind removed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Cut the brie into small pieces and place in a pasta serving bowl.
- Mix in all the other ingredients except the pasta and almonds.
- Cover and let rest for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the penne pasta al dente.
- Pour the hot, drained pasta over the cheese and mix well.
- Add the almonds and mix again.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
This recipe is a fun way to eat brie cheese. It answers the question of how to serve brie on a summer day without baking it.