Grilled Mozzarella Recipe
This is a fantastic appetizer, but easy to prepare.
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground, black pepper
- coarse salt
- 1 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Cut the cheese in to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Lightly oil a griddle or solid-based frying pan and heat over high heat.
- Add the cheese slices and as soon as they turn golden brown on the bottom, flip over and cook the other side. The cheese should have a good crust on both sides.
- Put on serving plate and drizzle with olive oil, pepper, salt, basil, and the juice of the lemon.
- Serve immediately.
Note: It is important that the pan be very hot before the cheese is added, so that the cheese sears immediately. You can test the pan by cutting off a small piece of cheese and dropping it on the pan. It should sizzle and turn brown immediately on contact with the oil.
You Should Also Read:
Fresh Mozzarella with Capers and Garlic Recipe
Shrimp and Mozzarella Kebabs Recipe
Tomato, Olive, & Mozzarella Pasta Sauce Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.