Guest Author - Sandra Sable
Everyone wants a bargain, it really doesn't matter who you are, a great bargain is just that. There are many ways to cut creative budget corners. Here are just a few to get you started.
1.Buying a sample wedding dress can save hundreds if not sometimes thousands of dollars on the bottom line price, as well having an open mind as far as design can also take you down a different path that you might not ordinarily go down, therefore something might jump out that you might not ordinarily consider.
2. Doing research about your menu, before yo talk to your caterer. This gives you a better idea of ways to approach different dishes that may in turn save you money.
3. Have a wedding brunch instead of dinner. Not only will you save on the food itself but light entertainment and less alcohol will save a few bucks as well.
4. Paring down your guest list by 10 to 15 prole can safe twenty-ish dollars plus a plate. The food is usually the highest part of the expenses.
5. Serve beer, wine and a signature cocktail, this way you don't need such a high stocked bar.
6. Get double usage out of your flowers: Use your pew decor as centerpieces and your altar arrangements for the bar, buffet or guest book table.
7. Do it yourself invitations, if you want higher quality look use more expensive paper. Paper stores are more creative now than they ever have been. If you have patience you can even do your own embossing for that luxury finish.
8. Marry on a Friday or Sunday or even during the winter. Places (I speak from experience) rarely are rented on Fridays and Sundays. Of the two days I would opt for the Sunday, but you can create a whole theme around a Friday night reception.
9.Talk to the photographer about purchasing the negatives only. This can save large amounts of money. They may not be so easy to convince of this, but the negatives can then be reprinted anywhere you desire.
10.Using a venue for the ceremony and the reception. Sometimes creates a better deal. In some instances you can double up on the decor.
11.Renting tablecloths in white, white is the most common and cheapest color to use for a reception. If you can work it in you can save some cash. LOL turning white into green.
Well these are a few “money savers” I always have more. Lets just do things step by step to lead up to the perfect day. Why not hop over to the forum and post your suggestions for money saving on the big day. This is Sandra Sable signing off until next time lets talk weddings.