Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
All scrappers struggle with SCRAPS! To keep or not to keep, how to organize them, how to remember to use them, etc. Well here is a list of five ways to use up some of those scraps this Christmas!
1. Make cards. Everyone loves a handmade card! No sense spending so much money to buy one when you have great scraps on hand to make your own! You don't have to make every single card alike. Make good use of those scraps by mixing it up a bit!
2. Make gift tags. Cut scraps in different sizes, add a sticker or stamped image and tie a little ribbon to the top! Instant gift tags and a bunch of used up scraps!
3. Make card sets using scraps! Make some all occassion cards to give as a set this Christmas. One of my friends gave me a set of handmade cards with envelopes. All I had to do was write in them and mail them out! That card set was one of my favorite gifts! Surprise someone in your family with a fabulous handmade card set ready for sending...plus use up a bunch of scraps!
4. Make serendipity squares for your pages. You can make up sets of serendipty squares to use on layouts, cards, or to share with a friend! Gather some coordinating paper scraps and cut them in strips. Mix and match patterns and colors. Adhere the strips to a large piece of cardstock or chipboard. Overlap and jumble the scraps up however you like. Cut the pieces into two or three inch squares. You can stamp on them, add rub-ons or other embellishments to your squares. Now you have some ready made embellishments!
5. Jazz up a plain diecut by tearing up little bits of scrap paper and adhering them to the diecut. This will give you a great mosaic look on your diecut!
6. Use your scraps to make punchies. Put those punches to good use and punch some flowers, hearts, and other versatile things that you can put in a little bag to take with you to crops when you won't want to drap all your actual punches along.
You will be surprised how quickly your scrap pile will shrink once you put some of those bits and pieces to good use! It makes me feel so good to know that I am putting it to good use instead of throwing it away or letting it keep piling up!
Content copyright © 2018 by Michelle McVaney. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle McVaney. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle McVaney for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.