Paper Plate Mobiles
Materials needed :
Paper plates (one for each of your kids)
Clear contact paper
A single hole punch
A variety of different colored 1/4”ribbons
How to make the mobile :
1. Cut a large design from the center of each paper plate – a heart, flower, star or circle
2. Give a plate to each child
3. Cut two pieces of clear contact paper larger than the cutout design
4. Help your kids take the backing off one piece of the contact paper and place it on the plate over the cut out hole shape
5. Turn the plate over so the sticky side is facing up
6. Allow and encourage the kids to decorate the sticky side of the contact paper in the opening on the plate
7. Provide a variety of materials such as colored sand, glitter, paper dots from hole punches, small pieces of paper, ribbon, yarn or confetti, etc.
8. When they are happy with their designs, help them place the other piece of contact paper over their creation to make a stained windowpane effect
9. On the top of each place, punch a hole and tie a string through to hang and display
10. Punch other holes around the bottom of the edge of the plate and tie ribbons to decorate – these ribbons will blow in the breeze
My favorite hole punch is the Darice,1201-15 Value Pack Hole Punches in 3 Shapes set which includes 3 punches – a star, a heart and a circle.
If you have trouble finding clear contact paper it's available here Con-Tact Brand Clear Covering Self-Adhesive Privacy Film and Liner, 18-Inches by 9-Feet, Clear Matte, on Amazon.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.