Green Eggs & Shams recipe
6 whole raw eggs (minus the shells!)
1/2 cup spinach
6 green corn or flour tortillas (spinach flavor)
1/2 cup grated jack or mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons coconut or grape seed oil
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
*Shamrock shaped cookie cutter
1) Place all 6 raw eggs (without shells) into a blender. Add spinach and sea salt. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until egg mixture is well blended and green. Do not blend for more then 60 seconds.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat on the stove for 1 minute. While the skillet is warming, spread 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil (or grape seed oil) onto one side of each tortilla, and set them aside.
3) Next, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil (or grape seed oil) into the warm pan and rotate pan to spread the oil around. Next, add the blended egg and spinach mix to the pan, making sure to rotate pan and spread the egg mixture all over the bottom. Turn down heat to low, and cook egg without stirring, until it can be slid off of the skillet onto a plate.
4) Carefully slide the egg omelet onto a plate. Turn the plate over quickly back into the skillet to add the uncooked side of the egg omelet back into the pan. Cook for another minute, and remove from heat. Slide the omelet out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Let cool for about 3 minutes. Cut out egg Shamrocks with your cookie cutter and set aside.
5) Wash skillet. Heat skillet over medium heat on the stove for 1 minute. Add the tortilla to the pan, oil-coated side facing down. Add a few sprinkles of shredded cheese all over the top of the tortilla, and place another tortilla on top to cover the cheese, oil-coated side facing up (as if you were making a quesadilla or grilled cheese sandwich). You should now have one tortilla on the bottom, cheese in the middle, and a second tortilla on the top, with the oil-coated side of the top tortilla facing upward.
6) When the bottom of the cheese quesadilla is slightly browned, flip it over with a spatula. Cook until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and slide onto cutting board. Repeat with remaining tortillas. While second and third tortillas are cooking, cut out shamrocks from the tortilla quesadillas that are cooling on the cutting board.
7. On a plate, Layer the green shamrock corn and cheese quesadilla with a shamrock egg cutout. Serve with salsa or your child's favorite condiment.
Variation: You can also add a pot of gold to the plate! Just get a small black salsa bowl like the one's that they serve salsa in on the tables of Mexican restaurants and add sliced bananas or mango's to it. Whalla! Pot of gold!
Easy Peasy! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Kymberly A. Morgan. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kymberly A. Morgan. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.