Make a Family Tree
You can make a large family tree to hang in your child’s room, or it can be a group project for your preschool class.
• Photocopies of pictures of each child
• Photocopies of pictures of each child’s family
• A large piece of white paper- should be at least 3 ft. x 3 ft.
• Green paint
• Brown paint
• Sponge paint brush
• Glue – white or purple glue sticks
• Markers that will write on paint (black sharpies work well)
What to do:
• Make photocopies of each child and their family members
• Using green paint and the sponge paint brush draw an outline of a large and bushy tree, using the brown paint for the trunk of the tree
• Let your child or children use the sponges and green paint to fill in the green area – it should not be a solid green, instead should look a bit like light filtering through the trees
• If doing as a class project let each child find their own picture to glue on the tree, surround them with photos of their family members and glue them around the child’s photo
• Write names of the family by their photos
• If doing this as a family project let the child arrange all their family members on their tree, trying to group families together –be sure to add names
Favorite books about family trees (from Amazon):
Me and My Family Tree
The Kids' Family Tree Book
The Everything Family Tree Book: Finding, Charting, and Preserving Your Family History (Everything (Hobbies & Games))
My Family Tree Workbook (Dover Children's Activity Books)
Spending time with family helps a child to know where they come from and helps them develop relationships that can help them through their lives.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.