How To Be Heard in Heaven Book Review
- We tend to view ourselves as the center of God’s universe instead God being the center of ours.
- We waste a lot of words instructing the Creator on what to do with His creation.
- We engage in reactive prayer instead of proactive prayer. “We are engaged in the ritual of finding problems Satan has caused and praying for God to solve them.”
- We are double minded. He gives convincing biblical reasons why we should be able to pray with full expectation of being answered.
- Old Testament believers prayed as God’s servants. We pray, today, as His children.
- Old Testament prayers were often anxiety-ridden and worry-filled. We are commanded to be without worry and to pray with thanksgiving.
- They prayed to be delivered from their problems. We pray to be developed by ours.
As you can see, I was very impressed with “How To Be Heard in Heaven.” I have read many books that give an effective formula for constructing prayer. I have read others that give very good, biblically related reasons for prayer. Mr. Smith does not waste words or the reader’s time. “How To Be Heard in Heaven” covers both the construction of prayer and the reason’s for prayer in a well-rounded user friendly format. It is the most complete and insightful guide I’ve read and covers it all in only about 169 pages. I’ll be reading it again. I feel that it has changed my view of prayer and will be of benefit to anyone, who is really interested, helping them grow into a deeper and more effective prayer life.
Author, Eddie Smith is cofounder and president of the U. S. Prayer Center, an organization that equips intercessors worldwide through his books, articles and teaching ministry. He and his wife, Alice, coauthored the best seller, “Spiritual Housecleaning.” Mr. Smith has also written “Breaking the Enemy’s Grip” and “Strategic Prayer” and is a regular guest on numerous television and radio programs, including “Life Today” with James Robertson.
How to Be Heard in Heaven: Moving From Need-Driven to God-Centered Prayer
You Should Also Read:
Book Review - Becoming a Vessel God Can Use
Book Review - Authority In Prayer
And When You Pray
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.