Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Tennis New Year Resolutions
Ringing in the New Year wouldn’t be the same without making New Year’s resolutions. Most of us want to lose weight. Some hope to get a better job. Mostly we strive to be a better person than the year before. The same is true for tennis players.
What is your New Year’s tennis resolution? Here are some to consider:
(1) Get in better tennis shape
(2) Compete in a local tennis tournament
(3) Visit one of the Grand Slam events
(4) Spend more time on the practice court
(5) Find a new doubles partner
(6) Learn how to hit a swinging volley
(7) Take a tennis lesson
(8) Work on improving your volley
(9) Take a tennis vacation
(10) Teach your son or daughter to play the game
(11) Play on grass if you never have
(12) Demo some new racquets
(13) Join a league team
(14) Support your local high school and college tennis teams
(15) Sign up to be a tournament volunteer
(16) Host a junior player
(17) Eat healthier for better performance on court
(18) Play in a tennis social event for fun
(19) Master the slice backhand
(20) Make more time for tennis
There are many more tennis resolutions to commit to in the new year and any time. Evaluate your game and your health, and make sure you have balance in your life. Are you a weekend warrior? It may be that tennis is taking up too much time (that would be a great problem to have).
One way to find more time for tennis is to make it part of your family or social activities. Tennis isn’t always about competition (really). There are other ways to enjoy this great game. Take your son or daughter to a watch a college match. Teach your husband or wife how to play (remember to take it slow). Tennis is a great family sport.
A tennis vacation destination is another great way to love this sport. Many resorts offer fantastic programs for all levels on many different surfaces. There are also tennis camps and academies for the more serious enthusiast. You can always find ‘player matching’ if you’re out of town and looking for a game. If on business travel, don’t’ forget to pack your racquet.
No matter what your New Year’s resolutions are, make sure to include some for your tennis game too.
Have fun on the courts!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Sandy Eggers. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sandy Eggers. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sandy Eggers for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.