Tuscan Spinach Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is lighter than many traditional lasagna dishes.
- 1 pound lasagna pasta, cooked al dente
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn in bite size pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn in bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green olives, slices
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the two cheeses and set aside.
- Sauté the sliced onion in 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining olive oil, spinach, basil, mushrooms, and red pepper to the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn the heat off and add the olives, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir.
- In a 4” x 8” baking dish place a layer of the sautéed spinach mixture, then and a layer of lasagna pasta.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of cheese.
- Repeat the process ending with the last of the pasta and cheese mixture on top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled and browned slightly.
- Allow the lasagna to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Note: This dish is based on one that I had in Tuscany and doesn't have heavy ricotta cheese layer of many lasagnas. It is a healthier take with lots of good vegetables with vitamins.
You Should Also Read:
Baked Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna with Shrimp and Scallops Recipe
Spinach Salad Flambé Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.