My son is invited to a Superbowl party every year and is asked to bring a hot cheesy dunk made in the slow cooker that he calls Redneck Dip. He’s never quite sure whether his friends want his company or just this fast, easy, and yummy dip!
This hearty dip has a short list of very common ingredients, and all of the preparation can be done a day or so ahead if necessary; the dip can then be reheated in the slow cooker shortly before it’s time to serve it. If you prefer an extra spicy cheese dip, you may add some canned jalapeno peppers that have been blended in the food processor or blender (be careful – just add gradually). You may also add a can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers (reduce the amount of salsa to 1 cup).
Of course this dip isn’t just for the Superbowl; it's a great dip to add to an appetizer buffet, or it's something that goes together very fast when someone wants a substantial snack.
Mitch’s Redneck Dip
About 24 Servings, depending on how hungry everyone is
2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 10 3/4 ounce cans condensed Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
1/4 cup milk
2 pounds Velveeta or equivalent
1 16 oz. jar medium salsa
- Brown the ground beef with the chili powder and salt, breaking up the pieces;
- Meanwhile, pour the cans of soup and the milk into the slow cooker;
- Cut the Velveeta into chunks and add them to the slow cooker.
- When the ground beef has been browned, add it to the slow cooker
- Stir the ingredients until well mixed (the cheese will not be melted yet)
- Cover the slow cooker and turn it to low
- Stir the mixture about every 20 minutes until the Velveeta is melted.
- Turn the heat down on the slow cooker to the “keep warm” setting
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 32% Carb. 11%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 1000 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 20 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Purchase a Hamilton Beach 3-in-one Slow Cooker from Amazon
Purchase a Cuisinart 4-Quart Slow Cooker from Amazon
Purchase a West Bend 6-Quart Slow Cooker from Amazon
Purchase a Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 5-Quart Slow Cooker from Amazon
Purchase a Rival 2 1/2-Quart Crockpot from Amazon