Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Getting Your Newsletter or Ezine Listed
When listing your newsletter or ezine with newsletter directories, there will be a host of questions to answer and information to be given. Most newsletter directory sites have a form that ask you for information about your newsletter. This is so that when listing your newsletters in their directories the readers can get a feel for what your newsletter is about and why they should subscribe.
Newsletter directory sites will all be different in their requirements for information. At the same time you must read and understand their prerequisites for listing your newsletter with them. Each site has their own guidelines which needs to be followed in order for them to list your newsletter with them.
More than likely the first thing you will need to do is set-up an account or register for one before accessing their listing form. Some of the information required for filling out newsletter listing forms once you are registered includes -
1. Ezine title and a brief description.
2. A brief overview of what your newsletter is about, benefits of them joining or subscribing and what type of information you want new subscribers to know or be aware of. Keep this to a 400 word maximum. Most directories do not want a full article include in the form.
3. Ezine or website URL
4. What category your newsletter fit into
How to subscribe to your newsletter. An explanation of how to get on your newsletter list. Here is where you set the parameters for people to know how to subscribe. Some directories will even ask you how many subscribers you already have if your newsletter is already established.
5. The frequency of your newsletter. How often does your newsletter go out? Once a week, quarterly, bimonthly, etc.?
6. Contact name or the name of who owns the newsletter you are listing along with the contact email address.
This is a list of the most common information needed to list your newsletter with a directory site. However some site may ask you optional information such as -
1. Is there any advertising in your newsletter? Depending on your answer you may need to explain your advertising policies.
2. Do you accept article submissions to your newsletter? If so then you will need to describe your rules for accepting those submissions.
3. Is your newsletter free or fee based? If fee based then you will need to list the subscription price and the frequency of renewal.
When listing your newsletter with a newsletter directory be sure you are prepared with the information above. What I have listed here is the obvious, but be sure to check with the directory site to make sure your newsletter is a match to what they are offering their readers in way of subscriptions.
**Be sure to subscribe to the free Ezines and Newsletters newsletter.**
Content copyright © 2015 by Grace D. Dooley. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Grace D. Dooley. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Grace D. Dooley for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.