Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Funghi Ripieni - Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
This delicious dish can be prepared with any kind of mushroom with a large cap, such as Portobello or Porcini. However, you may very well use even smaller size mushrooms for this recipe, especially if you are planning to serve the stuffed mushrooms as an antipasto or along with other bite-size types of food, for an informal party.
Either way, they are delicious and will not last too long on any serving dish.
Ingredients and Instructions (serves 4):
• 4 Portobello mushrooms
• 5 ounces/140 grams of grated Parmigiano cheese
• 2 ounces/60 grams of fresh bread crumbs
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 egg and 1 yolk
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
• salt and pepper
1. In a small bowl, soften the breadcrumbs a little of lukewarm milk for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, remove the mushroom cap from the stems, peel and clean them thoroughly with a damp cloth – do not wash them under the water or they will lose much of their flavor. Finally, let them dry over a kitchen towel while preparing the stuffing.
3. Clean the mushrooms stems, cut them into small pieces first then chop them up together with the garlic, so to obtain a finely chopped mixture. Transfer the mix to a mixing bowl, add a good pinch of salt, then squeeze out the milk from the breadcrumbs and add them to the bowl as well.
4. Combine well all the ingredients until the mixture reaches the consistency of a thick cream. Add the eggs, the grated Parmigiano cheese, the thyme, the olive oil and some freshly ground pepper.
5. Mix well to incorporate the last ingredients, and finally add salt to taste. Fill with the stuffing mixture the inside of each mushroom cap and with the help of the wet blade of a knife smooth out the top of the stuffing.
6. Lightly grease a baking dish with a little oil and lay the mushrooms in it. Sprinkle them with a little olive oil, then place in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes.
7. You may serve the stuffed mushrooms bringing them to the table directly in the same dish used for baking.
Cinzia Aversa, 2013
Content copyright © 2015 by Cinzia Aversa. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cinzia Aversa. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.