A perfect dish for a warm day.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans
- 2 7 ounce cans tuna, packed in water
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound pasta shells
- Trim and clean the green onions. Chop the green onion.
- Cook the pasta shells al dente. Rinse the shells so that they cool and stop cooking.
- Drain the tuna.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, cannellini beans, tuna, green onion, parsley, salt, black pepper, and pasta shells.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Note: For the freshest flavor you can use dried cannellini beans. They are also known as white kidney beans. Boil 2 cups dried beans for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and let the beans soak for 1 hour. Then cook them for 1-2 hours over low heat. Drain and allow to cool.