Hmmmmm, a tasty pasta dish featuring healthy spinach and ricotta.
- 10 ounce package, frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
- Defrost the spinach and drain well.
- Chop the shallots.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots to the olive oil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the skillet and heat through.
- Add the Ricotta and Parmesan cheeses to the skillet and heat through.
- Add the spinach-Ricotta sauce to the bow tie pasta, toss well, and serve.
Note: Bow tie pasta and farfalle pasta are the same thing. Farfalle means butterfly in Italian. This makes this shape a favorite with children, especially when using tri-color farfalle. It is a versatile pasta with a shape suited to many types of sauces, but the ruffles and ripples hold tomato and creamy sauces well.