Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are perfect for an after-school snack. Not only are they loved by kids, they are easy enough for the kids to make themselves. No baking is required, and there are only six ingredients. How easy is that!
These bars would also make a great addition to the next annual Halloween BOO-ffet. You can make these up to a week ahead; just cover the pan with plastic wrap and store at room temperature until ready to serve.
This recipe is from my busy friend Jenny C., who gets many requests to bring these bars to parties and get-togethers; everybody loves them. Jenny always heats the peanut butter mixture on the stove, but I found that itís quicker to do it in the microwave; clean-upís easier too. You can choose the method thatís most convenient for you.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 cups light corn syrup
2 cups sugar
2 cups peanut butter
12 cups crisp rice cereal
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 12 ounce packages)
- Smear 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over the bottom of a 17 x 11" jellyroll pan; set aside.
- Place the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter in a microwaveable glass bowl; microwave 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the peanut butter is melted.
- Return the mixture to the microwave and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Alternatively, the mixture can be prepared in a saucepan on the stove, stirring over medium heat constantly until the peanut butter and sugar are dissolved.
- Meanwhile spray a large bowl with non-stick spray.
- Measure the crisp rice cereal into the bowl.
- When the peanut butter mixture is finished, pour it over the cereal and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Use the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to coat hands, and press the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwaveable cup or bowl.
- Microwave 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- If the chocolate is not completely melted after stirring, return it to the microwave and cook on high power 20-30 seconds; stir.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the bars.
- When set, cut into 48 bars
Note: To speed up setting, place the pan of bars in the freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 99
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 6% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 8%