If you’ve had enough of warmed over turkey and stuffing, but still have plenty in the fridge, this Turkey, Stuffing, & Bacon Sandwich Filling is the perfect solution. Until I saw this filling in Waitrose, an English grocery chain (their version used chicken rather than turkey), it never occurred to me that stuffing could be used on a sandwich (bread on bread, or something like that).
My official taste testers (kids, grandkids, and their assorted friends) all agreed that this was one of the best, albeit different, sandwich fillings they had ever tasted; it was devoured in just minutes. It’s very easy to make, has minimal (just five) ingredients, and will keep in the refrigerator for several days – that is, if it lasts that long. It can also be formed into a log or ball, garnished or rolled in parsley, and served with fresh baguette slices as an appetizer on a buffet table.
Turkey, Stuffing, & Bacon Sandwich Filling
6 Servings (about 1/3 cup each)
1 cup cooked turkey or chicken breast
1 cup prepared sage stuffing
1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
- Place the turkey or chicken breast in the food processor and pulse a few times to chop it very fine (do not over process it into a paste).
- Alternately, chop by hand into very fine pieces.
- Transfer the turkey or chicken to a small bowl.
- Add the stuffing to the processor and pulse a few times to finely chop (or you can chop by hand).
- Transfer the chopped stuffing to the bowl with the turkey or chicken.
- Mix in the bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Pour it over the turkey/stuffing/bacon mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve on crusty rolls or baguette slices.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 207
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 79% Protein 9% Carb. 12%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 344 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%