Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
New Year Goals for Bible Study
In thinking about entering a New Year we reflect on the blessings of shared time with family and friends and begin to think about the things we want to accomplish. Each New Year gives us a blank slate to begin filling in the things that are important to us, whether it is things we want to change, add or remove from our lives.
As believers in Christ it is a New Year to gain wisdom and understanding as we continue our walk with God. It is a great time to schedule time in your busy schedule for personal bible study. If your church holds a weekly bible study and you haven’t been attending, now is a great time to start. Bible study can answer many questions and fill in blanks that were left over from church service.
Here are some suggestions to help you get started in studying the Bible in the New Year.
• Look at your daily schedule and set aside a specific time of the day when you are free of distractions to read and meditate on the Bible.
• Find a Bible translation that is easy to understand to supplement your regular edition of the Bible for clarity and consider adding a daily devotional guide.
• IF you approach Bible Study with expectancy to learn and gain new lessons to apply to your daily life, it will become the very essence of what you need to reach all of the other goals that you have set for yourself.
• Make sure to have a tablet or notebook handy as you read to jot down thoughts, questions or scriptures you want to remember.
• Pray before you start reading the Bible that God opens His word to you and gives you wisdom and understanding.
You might also decide to start a weekly Bible Study with your family, your children, your friends or co-workers. It is a great way to gain additional insights from others and also assist you in your study commitment. This just might be a motivator for them to strive to draw closer to God and His word as well as you share with each other. With modern technology, this does not have to be face to face. It can be over the phone or over the internet. Free your mind to the possibilities.
Just getting started with a desire to add time in your life, besides time spent in church, to commune with God to pour more of Him into your spirit will give you an amazing renewal of your mind. Actively committing this time will give you precious lessons on which to build your life strategies. The gained knowledge will give wisdom that only God can give to lighten your ways and direct your paths to a positively re- energized way of living.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Sunnie Jackson. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sunnie Jackson. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sunnie Jackson for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.