While few of us need an excuse to consume chocolate on any given day, itís nice to know that February 5th is Chocolate Fondue Day, which, if properly celebrated, makes it mandatory for us to consume delicious rich chocolate dripping from any number of dippers!
This quick and easy 3-ingredient Symphony Bar Fondue is a favorite, and can be made in a matter of just a few minutes. Symphony bars contain almonds and toffee pieces, which add substance to the delicious fondue. For a different taste, you may substitute Toblerone bars, which are also delicious.
A fondue pot with a candle works well for this chocolate fondue; make sure you stir often so that it doesnít scorch.
This recipe is so easy that kids can make it; itís so good, though, everyone will enjoy it.
Symphony Bar Fondue
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 6 ounce Hershey's Symphony Bars, broken into pieces
1 tablespoon almond flavored coffee syrup or almond liqueur
Pound cake, angel food cake, brownies, Rice Krispies Treats, Strawberries, fresh pineapple, and bananas,
- Pour the whipping cream into a microwaveable bowl with the broken candy bars.
- Microwave 3 minutes on high.
- Remove from the microwave and let sit 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Add coffee syrup or liqueur.
- Meanwhile prepare the dippers by cutting the pound cake, angel food cake, brownies, and/or Rice Krispies Treats into 3/4 inch squares; arrange the cut dippers on a large platter.
- Wash the strawberries and place them on a cloth towel to dry before arranging them on the platter.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and with a boning knife, cut down the center core, then around the pineapple just inside the rind to remove the fruit.
- Remove the core from the pieces of fruit and cut the pineapple into small slices; transfer to a bowl.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/2Ē thick slices; mix them with the pineapple and arrange them both on the platter. (By tossing the bananas with the pineapple, the citric acid from the pineapple will prevent the bananas from turning brown.)
- To serve, spear dippers with fondue forks and swirl in the fondue.
Amount Per Serving (fondue only)
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 222
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 60% Protein 6% Carb. 33%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 25 g 38%
Saturated Fat 12 g 61%
Cholesterol 31 mg 10%
Sodium 78 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 31 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 5%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
If you donít have a chocolate fondue pot, one can be purchased from Amazon at the following links. Most of these are quite inexpensive, but are perfect for dessert fondues. My grandaughter received the Hershey's Kiss pot as a gift and was very excited; she and her friends use it often.
Hershey's Silver Kiss Dessert Fondue Maker
Trudeau Blossom Chocolate Fondue 11 Piece Set
Trudeau Sundial Chocolate Fondue 7 Piece Set
Blueberry Dipping Chocolate Fondue
Godinger "Siena" Fondue Set
Trudeau Ceramic Flower Blossom Chocolate Fondue
Trudeau 3 in 1 Fondue Set - 24 Piece (8 pound) by igourmet.com