When you need Hollandaise Sauce, do you open a package? You might be surprised to learn that real Hollandaise sauce can be easily made in 10-15 minutes in a blender or food processor. There is never a need to serve a substandard version of this classic French sauce because you are in a hurry or because you think you lack the skills to make it (actually you don't need any cooking skills for this one - it's a no-brainer).
Since this Blender Hollandaise Sauce has only five ingredients, all that are probably in your fridge or on your shelves, you probably won’t even need to stop at the store.
The only trick to this sauce is to pour the hot butter (no substitutes allowed) into the blender or food processor very slowly while the motor is runnin so that the eggs can absorb it.
Hollandaise Sauce is essential for Eggs Benedict, and is delicious served over fresh vegetables. It makes a great dipping sauce for artichokes, and is fabulous with grilled or broiled fish; poached salmon with hollandaise is a classic.
This easy sauce will draw oohs and aahs from everyone at your dinner table. Nobody will guess that it took only a few minutes to make.
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Makes 1 cup
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash cayenne pepper
1/2 cup butter
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in blender or food processor.
- Process for a minute or two until the mixture is well-mixed.
- Heat the butter to boiling; I do this in the microwave, but it can just as easily be done in a small pan on the stove.
- With the motor running on high speed, pour the boiling butter a drop at a time, into the egg mixture.
- Continue processing until the mixture is slightly thickened and looks fluffy.
- Pour into a serving bowl
- Serve immediately or place the bowl in a pan of warm (not hot) water till ready to serve.
- To reheat: stir the sauce and place it in a bowl of warm water, stirring occasionally, until heated.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 120
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 95% Protein 4% Carb. 1%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 193 mg
Total Carbohydrate 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 1%