Italian Chicken & Cream Cheese Pasta is a decadent dish that tastes like you’ve been in the kitchen cooking for hours. In reality, this pasta dish can be prepared from start to finish in about the same amount of time it takes to cook the pasta. Although grilled chicken breasts are fabulous in this creamy and flavorful pasta, you can quickly sauté them in a skillet if you don’t have time to heat the grill. Or you can really save time by using shredded leftover chicken or the meat from a rotisserie chicken that you pick up from the grocery store on your way home from work. The only accompaniments needed for a complete meal are crusty bread from the bakery and a tossed salad.
This recipe was adapted from one given to me by my friend Kari, who commented that it was so good, she could “drink the sauce.” My pasta-loving kids agree, but they prefer to dip their crusty bread in it instead.
Italian Chicken & Cream Cheese Pasta
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
12 ounces pasta, such as penne
Boiling salted water
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- Sprinkle with chicken breast halves with your favorite seasoning salt.
- Grill just until cooked through, but still juicy.
- Let sit 15 minutes then slice into 1/4" strips on the diagonal.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese and Italian dressing mix in a saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Whisk in the cream and stir until the sauce is heated through.
- Mix with the chicken and stir into the cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve Immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 305
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 61% Protein 18% Carb. 21%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 173 mg
Sodium 342 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 22 g
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 13%