Pork tenderloin is great for grilling, since it takes only about 20 minutes to cook. It’s tender and juicy; besides, it has very little fat to trim and absorbs marinades well. This marinade is also quick since the ingredients can be assembled and whizzed in the blender in 5-10 minutes; the meat can marinate all day and be ready to grill at dinnertime.
The following marinade is delicious on both pork tenderloin and also chicken breasts or turkey tenders. Why not double the marinade recipe and pour half of it over 8 chicken breast halves in a freezer bag? Place it in the freezer for another busy day. The marinade will be absorbed as the chicken thaws.
2 pounds pork tenderloin, or 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Clean any fat from the pork tenderloin and place in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. If using chicken breasts, clean any fat, blood, or veins from the chicken breasts and place in the bag.
- Whiz the marinade ingredients in the blender and pour over the meat or chicken in the bag.
- Seal the bag and allow to marinate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to highest heat.
- When heated, turn one side of the grill off, drain the pork tenderloins, and place them on the grill (turned off side). Discard the marinade.
- Close the lid and cook 10 minutes; turn the tenderloin and grill an additional 10 minutes or until barely cooked through. Do not overcook. If using chicken, the breasts take less time; grill until the juices run clear. Do not overcook. Both the pork and chicken will continue cooking a little after being removed from the grill.
The following nutrition information assumes that 3/4 of the marinade is poured off of the pork and isn’t consumed.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 122
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 38% Carb. 14%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 234 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 10%