Deep Dish Pizza Bake is quick and easy; it can be assembled in less than 20 minutes, and while it’s baking, the cook can set the table and put a salad together. Italian Meat Mix from the versatile Italian Meat Mix Module adds lots of spice and flavor. The ingredient list includes several popular pizza toppings, but it’s okay to clean out the fridge and add whatever happens to be in there or substitute personal favorite toppings.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 12 oz. package refrigerated biscuits, such as Pillsbury Golden Layers
1 cup bottled spaghetti sauce
1 cup Italian Meat Mix from the Basic Italian Meat Mix Module
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onions, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, or a mixture of red, yellow and green bell peppers
1/4 cup stuffed green olives, drained and sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 ounces sliced pepperoni
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush the olive oil over the bottom of an 11 x 7" shallow glass casserole dish.
- Open the biscuits and cut them into quarters with kitchen shears.
- Transfer them to the oiled casserole dish and press down with your fingers to fill up any holes.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce over the biscuits.
- Spread the Italian Meat Mix over the spaghetti Sauce.
- Sprinkle the mushroom slices evenly over the Italian Meat mix.
- Sprinkle the onions over the mushroom slices.
- Quarter the bell pepper and slice thin; sprinkle over the onions and top with the green olives.
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over all.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices over the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let the casserole sit 10 minutes before cutting into 8 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 246
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 17% Carb. 27%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 1246 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 18 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 21% Calcium 0% Iron 9%